EXHIBITIONS THE XVI ARTIST COLLECTIVE HAVE RECENTLY TAKEN PART IN, BOTH COLLECTIVELY AND INDIVIDUALLY
- Broadcast residency at The Lookout Tower, Tuesday 9th until Saturday 13th of September 2014. Private View – Saturday 13th September 2-4pm. Caro Halford, Sarah West, Jane Oldfield, Paul Stanley & Kirsty Harris from xvi all took part in creating new work during the week spent at The South Lookout Tower. Inviting other artists and performers to get involved with the opening 2-4pm and Performances throughout the day on Saturday 13th September.
- Moorland Produtions showed at art Supermarket in Stockholm, Sweden for the first time with the Water Tower Arts Fest during 14-16th February 2014.
- Kirsty Harris will be showing her new sound piece at Foam (100 artist’s records) Touring Wysing Arts Centre, Banner Repeater, AND/OR, PN Project Space & Spike Island in 2014, Curated by Mat Jenner.
- Charley Peters showed in the studio1.1 exhibition – This Year’s model from 3 – 26 January 2014.
- Abstract Open – Preview – Thursday 23rd Jan. Open 24th Jan – 13 April 2013 at Stables Gallery, LB of Richmond on Thames, Orleans House, Twickenham TW1 3DJ will also feature Jane Oldfield’s piece – Why walk when you could fly.
- Caro Halford is showing her etchings at DI CARTA/PAPER MADE, Biennial International Papermade Art Work Exhibition, Italy. Opening 21st December 2013 Closing January 2014
- Susanna Thornton is showing her work at The Fridge Art Fair Miami 2013 6th-8th Dec, PAX Miami/Performing Arts Exchange, 337 S.W. 8th Street, Miami, FL 33130.
- Atomic – An offsite, Transition Gallery, group exhibition will include a silverpoint drawing by Kirsty Harris. Opening 7th Dec (RSVP required) 60 Ravenscourt Road, London W6 0UG. Showing 12-6pm until 15th December 2013.
- Karolina Magnusson-Murray will be performing – Me and my “Dad”, on the 17th & 18th December at the Farringdon Factory, 20 Farringdon Street, London.
- Caro Halford presented a screening of her short film Despair on Saturday 23rd November 2013 at 7-9pm. Projected onto the South Lookout Tower, Aldeburgh Beach. Suffolk, UK.
- Charley Peters was selected for the ArtLacuna Prize showing at The Art Lacuna SPACE, 48 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LR. 4th-20th October.
- Animamus Art Salon will cross the atlantic from New York where events have already garnered a following. Events throughout the whole of October 2013 – APIARY STUDIOS, 458 Hackney Road, London, E2 9EG. – CALENDAR OF EVENTS HERE
- Sluice Art Fair 2013 – The xvi artists will be showing at pitch 19 at Sluice this year in October. Open to collectors and press 18th Oct 12-7pm. Open to the public 19 & 20th Oct 12-9pm (closing reception 6-9pm) With performances from Caro Halford, Karolina Magnusson-Murray and Sylva Dean & Me. Sluice 2013 catalogue here.
- xvi collective are showing at Animamus Art Salon at Coohaus Gallery in New York – Open 15th – 22nd August. ARTIST TALK – AUGUST 22ND 6-8 P.M. Coohaus Gallery, 547 W. 27th St. #307 NY. FACEBOOK EVENT Curated by Ventiko.
- Charley Peters has a solo exhibition – Reduction at Public House Projects featuring new works made with intensely worked graphite on paper. The show continues until 23rd August. 62 Gowlett Road, (above the Gowlett pub), London SE15 4HY. Opening Times; Wednesday – Sunday 12 – 6pm.
- Karolina Magnusson-Murray will be screening her film Electra at Videoholica 2013 [Out of Focus], Varna, Bulgaria, 1-6 August 2013.
- Kirsty Harris was featured in the Group2013 Solo Award exhibition at WW Gallery, open Wed-Fri – 11-6pm & Sat 11-4pm, with closing reception on 24th Aug 3-5pm at Wilson Williams Gallery, 34 Hatton Garden, London.
- Susanna Thornton had work in – Illuminators – OK Harris Works of Art | 383 West Broadway – New York, NY 10012 On-View: 01 June – 19 July; 03-07 September 2013 | Tues-Sat 10AM-6PM http://okharris.com/current/06012k13/thornton.htm and –
- Marina D’Or Semana d’Art, Opening: 12 September 2013 | 5-9PM, On-View: FRI 5-9PM, SAT 11AM-2PM 5-10PM, SUN 11AM-2PM 5-8:30PM
Palacio d’Or de Marina d’Or | Carrer l’Antina, 3, 12594 Oropesa del Mar | Castellón, Spain.
- Kenneth G. Hay (half of collaboration – Moorland Productions) organises and curates Larroque Arts Festival each year in France. Paul Stanley, Moorland Productions, Susanna Thornton & Kirsty Harris from xvi have pieces in the festival at the Galerie La Vieille Poste from 26th – 31st July 2013.
- Shelf Life, Leytonstone Library – Octagonal Cabinet, PV Thursday 4th July 6.30 – 8.30pm Open 6th – 27th July (Part of Leytonstone Arts Trail 2013)
- Jane Oldfield has work on show at Stars in Your Eyes – 1st May – 19th July at – Institute of Physics, 76 Portland Place, London W1B 1NT alongside the work of other Riverside Artists Group members.
- Paul Stanley made an egg for The Lindt Big Egg Hunt (supporting Action for Children) 12 February onwards, Covent Garden, London and touring to Birmingham, Liverpool and Glasgow. His egg sold at auction raising much needed funds or Action for Children.
- Julia Miranda has a solo show at George Gallery, Hackney Road, Private View 2nd May 2013. Open Wed-Sun 11-5pm
- Ventiko‘s solo show The Other World at Coohaus Gallery in NYC also opens on Thursday 2nd May – Coohaus Gallery, 547 W. 27th St. #307, New York, NY 10001
- Animamus Art Salon, Bushwick Open studios NYC, 31st May – 2nd June Curated by Ventiko
- Susanna Thornton has an exhibition – Of a place and time: Photographic memories and imaginings, OPen 2-31 May 2013 | TUES-FRI 12-6PM, MON & SAT 12-5PM at; Hillyer Art Space | 9 Hillyer Court NW – Washington, D.C. 20008
- The Reference Section, Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Gallery, David Chalkley has a new piece in the show. Open 14th March – 6th May
- The Magic Shop, Meanwhile space, 194 Stoke Newington High St, London. PV Tues 23rd April 5 – 8.30PM/Closing Sat 27th April A week long performance by Karolina Magnusson-Murray. The xvi artists will show work alongside The Magic Shop.
- Animamus Art Salon, Rivington Design House, 129 Rivington St, Ground Floor, New York, NY 10002 – xvi artists.
- Animamus Art Salon, Culture fix, 9 Clinton Street, New York – xvi artists
- Tasty Modern, Schwartz Gallery, London – Julia Miranda, Paul Stanley, Sarah West, Karolina Magnusson-Murray & Kirsty Harris.
- ZAP Share & Exchange exhibition, Zeitgeist Arts Projects, London – many of the xvi artists had a piece in the show. At the end of the exhibition all work was exchanged between artists.
- The xvi collective took part in a group exhibition LDN-BCN at Untitled Barcelona Gallery in Catalunya, curated by Laurie Nouchka. 11 November-21 November 2012. Private view 10 November 5-10pm
- La Petite Muerte, Drawers Gallery, The Haggerston, 438 Kingsland Rd, London.
Short film of the exhibition by Vile Films here.
Artists – Peter Ainsworth Dave Anderson Henrietta Armstrong Keith Ball Fiona Banner Ruth Bartlett Adam Beale Tom Butler Kevin Clarke David R Fenwick Caro Halford Kirsty Harris Sarah Jacobs Ben Jamie Joshua Knowles Abigail Lingford Karolina Magnusson-Murray Ros Maprayil Moorland Productions Julia Miranda Tracy Neal Jane Oldfield Luca Ortis Charley Peters David Porter Mark Scott-Wood Patricia Shrigley Paul Stanley Jemma Watts Sarah West Lucy Woodhouse Ventiko. Curated by Kirsty Harris.
- Bad Behaviour, Brixton East, 100 Barrington rd, London.
13-30 October 2012, Saturday-Sunday 12-6pm and by appointment Tuesday-Friday 12-6pm
A group show bringing together the work of eight artists: David Chalkley, Ute Essig, Mars Gomes, Caro Halford, Araba Ocran, Charley Peters, Paul Stanley and Ventiko. www.badbehaviourexhibition.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Curated by Mars Gomes & Araba Ocran.
- Minutaie, Stone Space Gallery – Paul Stanley and Kirsty Harris each had a piece in the exhibition in Leytonstone. The show ran between 15th November & 9th December 2012.
- SURFACE GALLERY, TEMPORARY SURFACES ,16 Southwell Road, Nottingham, NG1 1DL.
Sarah West was in a two (wo)man show with Sarah Bowker-Jones.
Open Wed 10 Oct – Sat 20th Oct 2012 Both artists explore and question the nature of temporary surfaces within their research, process and the work itself. This manifests in the transience of their ephemeral source materials through to the translation and handling of these sources into their actual works.
- The ALAS Residents (aka xvi artist collective) had their publication launch at Matt Roberts Arts 4th October 6:30 – 9pm.
This is Not The Gallery, Matt Roberts Arts, 25b Vyner Street, London, E2 9DG
This Is Not The Gallery follows the progress of the 17 artists who took part in the inaugural ALAS Residency at Matt Roberts Arts. As well as showcasing the work produced during the residency This Is Not The Gallery looks at how collaboration and cooperation are essential to the way artists work. The aim of the ALAS residency is to encourage the building of networks between artists to help to support the development of their practices. This Is Not The Gallery looks at how this principle was applied.
- Sarah West showed her etchings in the Bite exhibition at Mall Galleries. Opening Tuesday 4th September at 7pm. Three of her works from 2012 were on show alongside artists such as Peter Blake. Mon 3 – Sat 15 September 2012
- Susanna Thornton had an exhibition and book launch – AURA – Hardy Tree Gallery, 119 Pancras Road, London, UK NW1 1UN
Friday Sept 7th: 6-10pm Viewing/Gallery Hours: Sept 7-30th 2012.
Saturday Sept 15th: 8pm-Midnight – “Audio-visual Performance: Ulrich Schnauss and Susanna Thornton”
- Kirsty Harris showed a postcard in the Postcardwall exhibition by Sophie Hill at Vegas Gallery, 274 Poyser Street, London, E2 9RF. Opening 26th August 6-9pm until 9th September 2012.
- Julia Miranda showed her work at The Art is Falling Apart’ – The 7th Terrace Annual 2012 4-17 Frederick Terrace, London E8 4EWOpen 3-7pm Saturday the 25th of August 2012. The exhibition remains in the space, exposed to the elements and has shifted, faded, broken, rotted, remained and, in some cases, disappeared over the past 5 years.
- Catrine Bodum, Sarah West & Kirsty Harris were long-listed, along with 36 other artists, for the WW Solo Award, with a group show at Wilson Williams Gallery from 31st July-25th August.
- Ventiko exhibited in New York’s Chelsea district at Gallery Ho alongside Melissa Anderson, Mary Sauer, Moonsub Shin & Misoon Park.
STOP & STARING II:Portraits was curated by Sunny Shin & Briana Thornton.
- Hannah Futers showed her work at CURIO CABAL in London Bridge – EXCHANGE & DRAW along with TIM FLUCK, ERIN FORTIER, AND WILL JENNINGS. BRIDGES – THE DESTRUCTIVE LINEARITY OF TIME, AUGMENTED REALITIES AND THE INTANGIBLE NATURE OF MEMORY ITSELF. SHOW | FRIDAY 10TH AUGUST – SATURDAY 25TH AUGUST 2012
- Laurie Nouchka exhibited her work along with a sale of prints on Saturday the 14th of July 2 – 6pm at 306 Ment House, 1B Mentmore Terrace, London E8. For more information please contact – email@example.com